College and My Friend Steph
I had an awesome time with Steph the other night. We went to the Gathering which was awesome. The gospel choir was singing and they are always great. They sang a lot of really good songs. Being there was great but also a little sad because I used to be in gospel choir and I was thinking about how fun it was and then when we sang some of the slower songs I started thinking about college in general and how great it was and how much I wish I could go back and do it again. It's kind of funny because throughout college you have fun but you can't wait to get out but once you get out all you want to do is go back. I felt all nostalgic because it was so good and I miss my time in college when I would go to chapel and the Gathering with all my friends and we would mingle and have so much fun. After the Gathering Steph and I went to visit my brother in his dorm and he had a bunch of friends in there and that made me more sad because I was getting ready to go home to an empty apartment and I missed hanging out at night with lots of people around and friends everywhere. But besides my temporary depression that I am growing up, I had a great time with Steph. I have missed her a lot over the past year since I have seen her. But it was hard because at the end of the night I had to say goodbye to her again for a while because Steph is leaving for the Africa Mercy Ship in Oct. I am excited though because there is a slight possibility that if I raise enough money I could visit her and my other friend Marissa in Africa in May. When I lived in Houston I introduced Steph and Marissa and the three of us went on a couple camping trips and we all got along great and had a great time. Marissa is in Tanzania for 2 years. So if I can raise enough money I can meet the two of them in Tanzania and hang out with Marissa too. Then Steph and I would go to Malawi and work in an orphanage for a week and then the orphanage is setting up a mini-safari. This would only work if I could raise the money so I am going to be trying VERY VERY HARD!! I love those girls and I have a passion for Africa so this would be an awesome trip if possible. I can't wait! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home