ramblings from a girl trying to make her dreams come true

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

neuroscience midnight ramblings

So it is 3:30 in the morning right now and I am sitting in my spinny chair in the small corner of 5 South that we call "the pit" but is actually called the Neuroscience Unit (NSU). My eyes are closing and I am trying to motivate myself to study but I am too tired to get much of any studying done. Tonight my thoughts have been filled with missions in Africa. I have been reading my friend Marissa's blog about her time in Tanzania and the things she is seeing there and the people she is helping and it has really intensified my desire to do medical missions in Africa. Tonight I have been searching the internet for mission organizations that I could go through but have not found much. I am really thinking the Peace Corps might be a good starting point and I started filling out the application even. Though, I really do need to get studying so I can pass my boards and then actually have time to start really seriously looking into this stuff. In about a half hour I will be checking blood sugars, getting vital signs, turning patients, and charting, but in the meantime I sit here wondering what my future will look like. Will I ever get to serve in Africa? Will I pass my boards this next time? Will I find the man of my dreams? Will I get married and have kids? Where will I live? What will I be doing 20 years from this moment? (Probably sleeping, but still...) Well anyways friends, I must go now but I will post again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home